Monday, September 2, 2013

Sex Trafficking Up Close: Can a Mama Bear Save the Truck-Stop Hooker? - ICTMN.com

Source: ICTMN.com


September 01, 2013

"I was on the high road to making my escape when I saw her standing next to the road just outside the truck stop. Way too thin and dirty from sleeping rough, her long red hair incongruously combed into long carefully flowing waves over her shoulders. She looked to be about 16. I watched her as I filled up the tank of my rental car. I was headed for the airport, headed far away from talk of predator economics, sex trafficking and polluting pipelines. All I wanted was a bit of escape, but there she was. I was disgusted and cussed under my breath because I knew I’d have to stop. My inner Ojibwe mama bear had been awakened and there was no turning back."

Read more at http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2013/09/01/sex-trafficking-close-can-mama-bear-save-truck-stop-hooker-151119
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment