Thursday, February 6, 2014

Back Fighting Human Trafficking: The Role of the Private Sector

Source: CSR Asia

by Matt Friedman

While most people think that human trafficking focuses primarily on women and girls being forced into the sex industry, this represents only about 25 percent of the total cases. The remaining 75 percent fall under the heading “forced labour.” Many of these victims are working in manufacturing supply chains, which begin at a grower or producer and end at a manufacturer or assembly plant, producing products purchased by consumers in the global retail market.

Read more:
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment